Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A trip & some new ideas

Couldn't draw, the last couple of days. My excuses: Had been travelling, this weekend & it was my Mom's Bday, last week, for which I made a card. (awh!)


#1: An idea for a comic, describing a hypothetical app called "Ajja" (aka Grandpa).

This app has an "On/ Off" switch that can used to switch off any "Messaging" service. (Whatsapp, IM, Facebook. basic texts and any other "app" that you can use to chat).

As I'm writing this, I realize that this is, kinda like, the plot for "Watchdogs".

But, Noo..  Honestly, this isn't where I stole the Idea from.  My colleague is addicted to Whatsapp and he doesn't listen to a thing that I say, the first time..  I even drew a comic abt this...

Idea for the single-page comic: 
  • A large panel showing the UI of the application in the center.
  • Surrounded by panels showing the protagonist, switching off stuff and having a lot of fun.
  • In the Last-panel, the guy is now a God !!

#2: Fruit-flies following me everywhere.

As I was travelling, there were these couple of fruit-flies that appeared, wherever I went off to. 
This was kinda a magnet for embarrassing situations. Can you imagine what would happen if I was in a posh-restaurant and dropped my plate, whilst trying to shoo the flies. The Horror !! Maybe a comic can help put things in perspective..


#3: Wolverine on a cool Bike.

Came across this (color) picture of Wonder-woman on a bike, illustrated by the very talented: Dan Mora. I'm planning to draw a sketch of Wolverine on this bike. It would be really cool and fitting. 

This will be going into my daily-art Sketchbook.
BTW, April is nearing completion and I gotta finish 5 Pages, for my 365-day challenge..

#4: The "Geared" Bicycle:
I bought a new bike, last week, after the "death" of my old bike (Costed, like 15k). 
This new bike has 7x3 gears & learning to ride this bike reqd. so many online-tutorials. (I pretty much ride it well now, though ^^)

A funny comic with 2 panels. 
1st panel: It's 1990, the kid learns to ride a cycle, the good ol' way by learning to balance. You can see a lot of bruises on his arms indicating that he has fallen many times.
2nd panel: It's 2015, the guy learns to ride a geared-cycle. The cycle is packed well and placed behind him securely. (lol)
The guy's on a PC and with a bunch of 1000 page open instruction manuals and whiteboards with blueprints, lying around. And, he's trying to figure how to ride the bike.



No comments:

Post a Comment