Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Long post about A Long game of DoTA

To me: Thrill, action and comebacks are the prime-elements that determine a "good game" [GG].
The anxiety and fear can get blown out of proportions when you are pushing desperately, while the enemy team is hot on pursuit. This is why I love DoTA.

It is pretty hard to find all this, in every game. Some games are boring, long and really one-sided. Not today. There was one particular game today, that had all the good stuff. 

It was a Cloudy Sunday [I love cloudy]. I played as my favorite hero: Shadow Fiend [SF], from the Dire-side, with "Led Zeppelin IV" playing in the background.


The game was going largely in our team's favor early-on and I was insanely lucky.

 For eg: I successfully ganked the bot-lane at the 5-min mark and was going to the rune. I was pretty low on HP.  
Suddenly, a wild Bounty-Hunter [BH] appears and starts hitting me. I see the mid-lane aXe too and he uses Battle-Hunger on me. I was around 100 HP and was convinced that I'm done.

To my surprise, our team (Wind and Lion) actually counter ganked. A perfect shackle and impale on both aXe and BH.
I got off 2 Razes, wiping out BH. The positioning was wicked too. aXe nearly caught up to me when our Lion hexed him. I got off a few auto attacks and a final raze, killing him too. Walked away at 40 HP with a double-kill !!

The mid-game went to be one-sided, in our favor. There was a moment when lion impaled and used finger of death, Solo-killing Riki. We were owning.

And, then it happened. A Gank where all of us went Rambo-mode. Everyone from our Team Died !! I bought back but realized that the Radiant now had a shitload of gold.

As we gradually advanced to Late-game, I realized that Riki had gotten really very powerful. I could escape a few times, using the Euls and Blink combo. But, 3 attacks from Riki were enough to wipe me out. The game had now changed and Radiant could win this.

The desperate split-push to try and come back, began. The tempo of "Stairway to Heaven" was perfectly synchronizing to the situation. The Radiant were defending with all they could. Killing off a few from our team, whenever someone slipped.

Suddenly, I realized that I had a BKB and enough gold for a buyback. There was a Gank at the T3 Radiant tower and I decided to go ALL-IN. 

All Hell Broke Loose. I used my BKB and Requiem. It was shocking to see that enemy Sven still had no BKB. This was the reason why we could comeback. Sven, aXe and BH were wiped off.
Venge and Riki were on really low HP, but killed me. Our Lion used Dust, just before he died too. I immediately bought back, TPed to battle once again and killed them both off.

The action was still not over. Riki and BH bought back. I found a random gem lying on ground. Picked it up, only to find that Riki was about to attack me. He and BH instantly killed me off.  However, the Dire had Mega-Creeps by then. 


It was too late for the Radiant. Their "Ancient" was not defended well enough and we won.

No comments:

Post a Comment